GLOBAL HEAD OF PRACTICE
- Shamil Fattakhov: Fattakhov, who has a background as a television producer in Russia, tells a funny story about how he came up with the idea for his work. When Russia first opened to the rest of the world in the early 1990s, one of the first shows he saw on Russian television was the Jerry Springer show.
- It struck him that the show – and several other American talk shows like it – tended to demonstrate the worst possible outcome for its guests. He wanted to design a television program that would promote positive constructive solutions.
- Fattakhov then tapped in to his creative background to develop a series of television programs, as well as other educational programs involving youth and drama, to promote and teach the skills of conflict resolution and ethical decision making. His program has been implemented in more than 63 countries, on five continents. In Russia alone his program has aired on live television and radio shows in 22 cities.
- Shamil has the rare privilege of being a member of the Club de Budapest – a privilege he shares with people like Bono (U2), Peter Gabriel, The Dalai Lama etc…
- Association for Conflict Resolution (ACR) International Development Committee 2008 Outstanding Leadership Award: Austin, TX: In recognition of his leadership promoting creative processes that help people across the globe find peaceful solutions to conflicts, Shamil Fattakhov from Kazan, Russia, received the Association for Conflict Resolution (ACR) International Development Committee 2008 Outstanding Leadership Award. In accepting the award, Fattakhov said, “What was important for me in initiating the program was to help young people to analyze their behavior, to think about the consequences, and to make ethically-based decisions.”